CasperVend 2/Video Playback
Setting Vendors to Play Videos
If the land your vendor is on is owned by YOU personally, you can easily set vendors to play videos.
- Click the logo area on the vendor.
- Log in to the CasperVend website - you should be taken directly to the vendor configuration page.
- Click "Products"
- Select the product you're entering the video URL *for*, and click the "edit" link.
- Scroll down until you see the box for "Video URL"
- Put the video weblink in that box and then click "save" at the bottom.
You can test this inworld by going to a vendor with that product, right-clicking and selecting "touch" and then selecting "Video" from the menu.
If the video is configured correctly, "video" will be in the popup menu.
If there is no video configured for that product, "video" will NOT be available on the touch menu.
Currently YouTube's video links will not work. Casper is aware of this, but there is no ETA for a fix at this time.
You'll have to upload your video (.mp4 format) to another server somewhere and provide the link directly to the video (not an embedding URL, but a direct link to the video itself.)
Video Helper & Group Land
If the land your vendor is on is owned by a group, you will need to set up the "video helper" first, before your vendors can play videos. If the land your vendor is on is owned by YOU personally, and NOT a group, this section is NOT necessary.
- Rez the video helper out.
- Right-click and go into "edit" mode
- On the general tab, click "Share with group"
- Then click "Deed"
- Video helper will turn green to indicate it's ready to work.
- You may now set up your vendors to play videos! </li.
The video helper MUST stay rezzed out at all times in order for your vendors to continue to be able to play product videos on group-owned land.