PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect, store and process varying amounts of personal information depending on how you use CasperTech services.
The information that we collect and store includes:
- IP Addresses
- Login attempts (username, IP address, geographical location)
- Second Life Avatar Names
- Second Life Avatar UUIDs
- Second Life Avatar Profile Images
- Second Life Avatar Payment Status
- Second Life Avatar "Born-on" date
- Second Life Avatar "Adult" status
We also collect and store the following information on behalf of our customers:
- Purchase information, including the product purchased, amount paid, location, gift recipient
- Payment transaction information, including amount paid, location, order information
- Visitor tracking information, including visitor name, script count, avatar complexity, location information, visit date/time and length of visit
This does not include information which is explicitly provided by you, such as usernames and e-mail addresses.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION
IP addresses are collected automatically when you visit any of our services, or when you attempt to log in to our online services.
Second Life Avatar information is obtained from Second Life automatically when your avatar is "first seen" by our system (e.g when you make a purchase, or when you are detected by one of our "CasperSafe" entities within Second Life).
Second Life Avatar "Adult" status is automatically detected if you are seen by one of our entities in a Second Life region rated "Adult".
Purchase, payment and visitor tracking information is collected by our customers (using a device we provide), and the information is then passed to us for storage and analysis:
- Purchase information is collected when you purchase from a merchant using a "CasperVend" entity within Second Life virtual environment.
- Payment transaction information is collected when you pay a "CasperLet" entity within the Second Life virtual environment.
- Visitor tracking information may be collected when you are within range of a deployed "CasperSafe" entity within the Second Life environment.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The information we collect is used to provide our services.
- Second Life Avatar information is used to provide avatar lookups for gifting purposes, to display sales statistics and to display visitor tracking statistics.
- Second Life Avatar "Adult" status will be used to limit adult content on our upcoming PrimBay Marketplace.
- IP Addresses are stored and used for security purposes such as two-factor authentication.
- Purchase information is collected and stored on behalf of our customers for accountancy and reporting purposes.
- Payment transaction information is collected and stored on behalf of our customers for accountancy and reporting purposes.
- Visitor tracking information is collected and stored on behalf of our customers for statistical and informational purposes.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We DO NOT use personal information to provide targeted (or non targeted) marketing or advertising.
We DO NOT sell personal information to third parties. Purchase, transactional and visitor tracking information collected by our customers is only made available to the customer that collected the information.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please use our dedicated GDPR tool available at https://www.casperpanel.com/gdpr
Please note that restrictions apply. For example, we are unable to delete information required for legal reasons, such as sales or transactional data.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you, or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
We will maintain all information unless and until it is no longer required to provide the service, or you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by mail using the details provided below:
CasperTech Ltd, St John's Innovation Centre, Cowley Road, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB4 0WS, United Kingdom