Currently this tool only supports migration from HippoRent.
What's in the box?
Inside the CasperLet crate is a box called:
Hippo Migration Toolkit
You can - and should - open the this Hippo Migration Toolkit box to your inventory.
Inside the Migration Toolkit box are the following:
Script: Hippo Inquisitor Notecard: HOW TO: Migrate your HippoRent Unit Object: Migration Base (DO NOT OPEN)
Do NOT open the "migration base". That particular object needs to stay intact!
The migration kit itself doesn't need to connect to the HippoRent website.
However, the HippoRent units that are web-only versions will need to contact the website unless you use the workaround below.
Basically, this tool should work, and should transfer the time remaining, but if it doesn't, it's not CasperTech's responsibility (the migration tool script depends on Hippo Technologies not changing anything in their scripts) - please test it on a single unit to verify that it still works before full-scale use!
Also, be aware that Hippo Technologies may take steps to disable this functionality in future versions of the HippoRent system, as is their right.
In the migration box are a set of textures that - along with the CasperLet script - will become part of the converted CasperLet unit.
If you want to use custom textures you may replace the ones in the Migration Base (DO NOT OPEN) itself, rather than waiting until after conversion and replacing the results one at at time.
How to Migrate Inworld-Only HippoRent
- Rez the Migration Base somewhere on the same sim as your HippoRent unit
- Drop the Hippo Inquisitor script into a rental unit you want to convert
- Wait for the process to complete
- Run the latest CasperLet UpgradeBee, using the "upgrade" function, to make the CasperLet script current.
NOTE: This will need to be done on a per-unit basis only. This tool cannot migrate an entire sim/region's worth of rental units at one shot.
"Please Wait" message
The "Please wait a moment" message means one of two situations:
- The hippo migration base is not yet rezzed.
- Or the migration base has been opened/destroyed prior to use.
How to Migrate Web-Only HippoRent
Remove the web-only scripts
- "Take a copy" of one unit to inventory (as backup in case of failure)
- Using the original copy (still rezzed inworld) of THAT unit
- Edit the rental box and remove these scripts:
- Create a HippoRent configuration notecard (see next section)
- Then customise the configuration notecard with information specific to YOUR rental(s).
Create the Notecard
First, Copy the contents of the code block below to a fresh notecard. Name the notecard "Configuration Notecard" and drop it in the Hippo rental unit.
// Change these settings to configure the rental box. Lines that begin with // are comments. Don't alter text in capitals. // SERVER SERVER KEY: [Server's object uuid goes here, without brackets] PASSWORD: PICTURE: Example Picture // BASIC SETTINGS NAME: My First Rental Box PRICE PER WEEK: 50 MIN WEEKS: 1 MAX WEEKS: 6 PRIMS: 25 NOTECARD NAME: Example Description // COMMUNICATIONS IM ON PAYMENT: Yes ALSO IM: EMAIL ON PAYMENT: No EMAIL: SEND RENEWAL NOTICE: Yes RENEWAL NOTICE DAYS BEFORE: 3 INCLUDE SLURL WITH IMS: Yes // PAYMENT OPTIONS PAYMENT BY PROXY: Yes TERMS AND CONDITIONS: No REFUNDS: No REFUND IF DAYS AT LEAST: 6 REFUND SURCHARGE: 10% EVICT AFTER DAYS IN ARREARS: 2 IN ARREARS OTHERS CAN RENT: No // HOVERTEXT HOVERTEXT RENTER NAME: Yes HOVERTEXT DAYS REMAINING: Yes HOVERTEXT COLOUR: <1, 1, 0> AVAILABLE HOVERTEXT: Pay me to rent, click for more info SHOW PRICE AND PRIMS WHEN AVAILABLE: Yes HOVERTEXT PRIM COUNT: No // APPEARANCE CHANGE SIZE ON RENT: Yes RENTED SIZE: <0.35, 0.35, 0.35> CHANGE SHAPE ON RENT: Yes CHANGE TEXTURE ON RENT: Yes STANDARD TEXTURE: Rental Texture 1 RENTED TEXTURE: Rental Texture 2 FACE TO CHANGE: -1 PHANTOM ON RENT: No MOVEMENT ON RENT: <0, 0, 2> ALPHA ON RENT: 1.0 // PRIM COUNTING PRIM WARNING IMS: None PRIM WARNING EVERY: 1 PRIM COUNT: All PRIMS SUBTRACT: 0 IGNORE PRIMS OWNED BY: // TERMINOLOGY USED IN MENUS AND MESSAGES TERMINOLOGY: Landlord, Tenant, Rent, Rental, Plot, Rental box // ADVANCED USERS CAN, IF THEY WISH, DISABLE THE LISTENER USED FOR IN-SIM COMMUNICATIONS DISABLE REGION SAY: No
Adjust For Your Rental Information
You will need to make the appropriate changes to the notecard depending on your rental specifics.
Here is what the 2.0 version of the "Hippo Inquisitor" script actually looks for (If yours is older, please redeliver for an updated version! It will save you headaches!):
- Name of tenant (if rented)
- Avatar key of tenant (if rented)
- Time remaining on rental (if rented)
- Name of rental unit
- Price per week
- Prim Limit
- Minimum Rental Term
- Maximum Rental Term
- Autoevict after....
- Prim Allowance
- Unrented size
- Size on rent
- Movement on rent
- Alpha on rent
- Original Size
Customising Your Rental Units
Once you are done migrating, if you wish to customise your rental units, see the instructions on this page to ensure proper functionality, including any desired texture changes with rental state changes.
Configurations The Tool Saves
At the time of this writing, this tool supports both inworld and web-only HippoRent boxes, as long as you've made the necessary modifications to the web-only boxes.
Configuration migration which is currently supported:
- Current tenant
- Current time remaining
- Current Price (and USD price setting if appropriate)
- Current Price term (Days, Weeks, Months)
- Current Prim count / Impact Limit
- Current "Will not renew" setting
- Current "Auto Evict" setting
- Current Hovertext settings
- Current State changes: size / move / alpha on rent
- Minimum rental term
- Maximum rental term
- Extra prim allowance
- Profit shares
- Partners (additional subtenants)
FAQ / Troubleshooting
- Q. I migrated my renter information to CasperLet, but it's an older version of the CasperLet script - is this a problem?
- A1. There's no harm, just use the UpgradeBee from the current shipping crate to bring them up to date. Casper just hasn't updated the CasperLet script in the migration tool yet.
- A2. The CasperLet script in the migration toolkit has been updated as of May 2016 - if yours is older than 1.33, please update to get the newest migration kit.