CasperAuth- the new login system
Hello dear merchants!
Some of you may have already noticed that we've activated a brand new (much simpler, and much more secure) login system on the CasperVend website.
You may be asked to authenticate your avatar and choose a new password the next time you sign in.
This is the first step in an effort to unify all our accounts systems into one. The new system also recognises avatar name changes instantly.
If you encounter any trouble, please let us know!
Existing Listings are Still There!
You will NOT have to recreate listings - they will all still be there, ready for use, as they were before the new CasperAuth login system went into place.
- Chrome 52 (2016-07-20), and forward
- Firefox 52 (2017-03-07), and forward
- Safari 11 (2017-09-19), and forward
- Microsoft Edge 79 (2020-01-15), and forward
- Opera 39 (2016-08-02), and forward
- Yandex 17.4 (2017-05-30), and forward
If the browser you want to inquire about is not listed here, it is not supported.
That means the viewer-internal browser is not supported either.
Initial login via CasperAuth
You WILL need to be logged in to Second Life in order to do this.
- Go to the CasperVend website, you will arrive at a blue login screen
- Enter the avatar name that you originally created the CasperVend account under, and click "Continue"
- You will be sent a message INWORLD (from a bot, so it will be an actual IM) with a temporary password
- Double-click OR highlight-drag > CTL + C to copy the password into your paste buffer
- Paste it into the confirmation box on the website
- You will then be prompted to choose a NEW password (Need a password generator?)
- Next, you will be prompted to link your avatar to your CasperVend account - click the GREEN authorise button.
- Once you do that, the system will process things, and then forward you to your EXISTING CasperVend account.
CasperVend - Normal Logins, same name
- Enter your avatar name, and click Continue
- Enter your password, click continue
- You will arrive at your expected CasperVend overview page.
CasperVend - Login, after changing account name
(instructions not ready yet)
If you try to sign in to the same account too many times, it will use Google's Recapcha to make sure you're not a bot. This is normal.
(Not implemented yet)