CasperVend 2/Lucky Dip

From CasperTech Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Stop icon.pngThis is currently not working - Some of the code for the Lucky Dip process was also part of the Gacha process, so when Gachas were disabled, this was disabled too. Casper knows and needs to rewrite it, and it will be done eventually.


Info.pngTHIS IS AN EXPANSION PACK FOR CASPERVEND. IT REQUIRES A FUNCTIONING CASPERVEND SYSTEM.

If you don't have one, you can get our free version - search for CasperVend on the SL Marketplace, or teleport to the CasperTech store inworld

About the Lucky Dip

Lucky Dip is a random prize machine that awards prizes. You receive a prize, which is randomly selected out of the set of items queued for that lucky dip. The caveat of completing the set is that some of the toys are rarer than others, meaning that usually you have to play the Lucky Dip quite a number of times before you can complete the entire set. You also often get duplicates, which encourages you to trade them amongst friends for other items you are missing.

The Lucky Dip is similar to the Gacha but differs in two distinctive ways:

  • It's free to play
  • It offers the ability to restrict the number of plays per set amount of time.

This mechanism makes it perfect for drawing repeat business back to you store - people may return when the next prize is available to them.

This expansion requires a working copy of CasperVend to work - the product that get delivered to the customer go in the DropBox, as usual.

October 2018


The Lucky Dip expansion is currently only available as a special limited edition Halloween 2018 gift. However, it will be available in a more general edition soon.

About "Tickets"

"Tickets" in this case is simply a way of saying "the chance to win". This controls the rarity of the prize:

  • Higher number of tickets = more common (easier/more chances to win)
  • Lower number of tickets = Rarer (harder/less chances to win)
Number of tickets does not have to exactly equal 100. You can set one prize with a ticket count of 500, and another with a ticket count of 10.

Even Simpler Explanation


Basically, you're throwing a batch of tickets into a hat. The number of tickets you give an item, equals the number of tickets in the hat.

Formula


You need to figure out how many of each "tier" of prize, (rare, uncommon, common, etc.), and then take the total of how often you want one of them to be awarded (10%, 20%, 70%, etc.) and divide the percent amount amongst each tier of item; say you have 5 rares, 5 uncommons, and 10 commons (the actual distribution does not matter). take the 10%, divide by 5, and the rares get 2 tickets apiece. then the 20% by 5 as well, and the uncommons get 4 tickets apiece. finally, 70% by 10, and each common will get 7 tickets.

Total % required for that level, divided by the number of prizes at that level = the ticket value.

Work out the % for each level first, when you add each percentage level together, it should total 100%.

So for 2 rares that need to have a 10% chance, and 10 commons that need a 90% chance, the rares need 5 tickets each (because there's 2), and the commons need 9 tickets each.

Example Formula


As an example, for an average of one win in 20, let's use a pool of 2000 tickets... so 100 of those will be rares. (100 is one 20th of 2000), So that leaves 33 tickets for each rare prize, and 238 tickets for each common - 33 for each rare prize and 238 for each common, will give you a 5% chance of rare

Checking Percentages


If you want to check the percentage it converts to, click the Lucky Dip machine and look at the prize list - you'll see the percentages on that web page.

Setting Up Your Lucky Dip

1) Rez your Lucky Dip machine.
2) Click anywhere on the Lucky Dip machine for the touch menu
3) Take the "Admin" option and follow the link to the website. Log in if necessary.
4) Once on the website, you will be at the Lucky Dip machine configuration page. This will look different from the usual vendor configuration page!
5) Add prizes with the "Add another prize" link below the boldface price point line.
6) You will get a popup window with a pulldown to select the prizes you want to include. It will also ask you for the number of tickets for each prize.
7) That's it! Your Lucky Dip is now ready to use!

Limiting Lucky Dip Attempts


There are two options on the configuration page:

  "[  ] Allow one price to be claimed per avatar [ ] per [ ] minutes"

This allows you to - if desired (it's not required) - limit the prizes to 1 per avatar, OR to allow an individual avatar to win every certain number of minutes.

Where do I put my items?

You put your Lucky Dip items in the Dropbox, and set up your product listings, the same as you would with products for the normal vendors.

What Permissions?

Up to you - items may be copy/no-transfer to the buyer, just as easily as no-copy/transfer.

Just remember that YOU need to be able to transfer the items, regardless of what perms the next owner has.

Customising Your Lucky Dip

You may take the Lucky DIp script and put it in a prim of your choosing, instead of using the Lucky Dip machine it ships in.

You do not need to do any special mapping notecard - just copy the script into your preferred object - all configuration and use is via touch/click menu options or by paying the Lucky Dip.

Replacing Your Lucky Dip Shell (New Lucky Dip)


If you have not already set up your CasperVend Lucky Dip, but want to change the object first:

  1. Open old Lucky Dip and copy contents to inventory
  2. Drop the contents of the old Lucky Dip into the new
  3. The new Lucky Dip is ready for setup!

Replacing Your Lucky Dip Shell (When Already Set Up)


If you have already used a CasperVend Lucky Dip script at an event with an event-specific Lucky Dip object, and now want to replace that object with one that better matches your store decor, or has less prims:

  1. Open old Lucky Dip and copy contents to inventory
  2. Copy the profile code out of the "description" field of the old CasperVend Lucky Dip object
  3. Input the profile code into the new Lucky Dip's "description" field
  4. THEN drop the contents of the old Lucky Dip into the new
  5. The new Lucky Dip is ready for customers!

About the Touch (Popup) Menu Options

If a customer touches the Lucky Dip, they'll play the game immediately and a prize will be sent. If you are the owner of the device, clicking anywhere on the Lucky Dip will get a touch menu.

Test
Allows you to test the delivery as the customer will see it.
Admin
Takes you to that Lucky Dip machine's configuration page.
Reset
Soft-resets the Lucky Dip machine.
Delete
Deletes this Lucky Dip machine. Be certain you absolutely want to delete the machine - this is NOT reversible!

About the Configuration Page Options

On the configuration page, you will see the following options:
Change the vendor name
Lets you change the object name inworld from the default.
Change the display name
This is what shows in your vendor list on the site - not inworld. This helps if you want to search your vendors by specific keywords.
Change the description
Some people choose to put notations in here with the price point(s) so customers can see them if they hover the mouse over it.
You also have a series of checkbox options:
Set the vendor offline
This prevents purchases - useful if you wish to tinker with the setup or randomness of specific prizes.
Restrict the vendor to ONLY group members
The Lucky Dip machine has to be set to, or rezzed under, the appropriate group in order for this to work.
Below that you will see clickable links for:
Add another prize
Lets you add the Lucky Dip prizes.

Advanced Configuration Tips

You can disable redeliveries for a particular prize over on the individual product's product listing - use the "Limits" line.
("No Copy" items have redelivery disabled by default.)

FAQ / Troubleshooting

Q. How many prizes can I put in the machine?
A. The number of prizes you can have in a Lucky Dip is unlimited.
Q. Are copiable prizes won in a lucky dip usually available through the standard redelivery terminal or do I need a special one?
A. There is no lucky dip-specific redelivery terminal - all redeliveries happen via the regular redelivery terminal.
Q. Do I need to set up each Lucky Dip machine separately, or can I copy the one I already just set up?
A. You can just "take a copy" and then rez out as many new copies as you like and they'll have the same set up as the original.
Q. I tried adding (one or more) variants to the Lucky Dip prize list, but they're not showing up! Help!
A. Double-check the product listings, make sure the listing for the variant is actually there. If it doesn't save properly (such as navigating away before clicking "save" on the product listing) then it won't show to be picked on the Lucky Dip configuration page.
Q. What are "common practices" when setting up a Lucky Dip?
A. It has been mentioned that a frequent ratio of commons-to-rares is somewhere around (3-5)-to-1. So for every 3-5 commons, there is often a rare. Mileage may vary - some people never do rares, some people do different levels of rares.