Want to upgrade?
See Updating for information on how to update.
- This is an optional update which addresses some erroneous messages about URLs following a region restart.
- This update addresses delivery unreliability following region restarts.
Because of the importance of this update, it is marked "compulsory". The old versions will still work, but we will not give you technical support with deliveries if you have an older version.
VERSIONS NO LONGER SUPPORTED as of 20th June, 2019
- DropBox - v2.50 and earlier
- Added robustness to deal with degraded network connectivity
- Added an extra check to help stability during periods of grid disruption
- Added support for features coming soon on the control panel
- Changed the way that BUG-19987 is detected and reported. Hopefully this issue is now resolved.
- Fixed a bug related to the detection of BUG-19987
- Added some self-test code to diagnose and automatically report BUG-19987 / SVC-23, to further improve reliability. (Region sometimes blacklists objects within the sim and prevents them from receiving incoming messages from the web.)
- Some minor tweaks to help guarantee reliability in all weather.
- DropBoxes now announce in local chat if they detect no-transfer objects (objects that can't be sold).
- Workaround for a LL sim bug which occasionally (and randomly) causes llGetInventoryType to return -1 when querying for a no-copy item which DOES exist.
- Fix the stock control on the CasperVend website so that it's more accurate.
- Added detection for "count anomalies" - Sometimes, no-copy items randomly re-appear in inventory contents after a delivery failure. The box now detects these and uploads them.
- The floating text on the dropbox now adjusts itself when selling a no-copy item.
- If dropbox inventory is altered at the EXACT moment that the upload is occurring, the inventory may be incorrectly stored on the server. This is now detected and fixed.
- Fixed an issue which caused the last no-copy item in a DropBox to not be sold.
- If a box's scripts became disabled, and were later re-enabled, it could cause items to appear that aren't in the box. This was fixed server-side on 23/07/2015 (after v2.25 release).
- Once stock is depleted, transactions were being refunded before the dropbox had time to reset itself and make contact. A five-minute wait has been added to no-copy transactions when they are out of stock. This was fixed server-side on 24/07/2015 (after v2.25 release).
Internal testing release.
- Workaround for a bug introduced by LL which caused the dropbox to sometimes be unavailable for up to an hour after a region restarted.
- Fixed a bug which could cause the item upload to become "stuck" and never complete.
- Added an "Admin" button to the DropBoxes (for the CasperUpdate release).
Stable version since January 2014.