Anatomy of a Transaction
Ever wonder what goes on during a purchase transaction? Or where things can get hung up? On the merchant's version of the transaction link is a very long "wall of text" that gives the details. This is a simpler explanation of what goes on, and where some of the common error points are.
Calculating Processing Plan
- 1) What is the product name?
- 2) Is vendor affiliate locked?
- 3) Search for item connected to product name
- 4) Does product have an item configured to be delivered on purchase?
- If not, a "No product configured for delivery" message will appear here
- 5) Is recipient or purchaser banned?
- 6) Is merchant blocked?
- 7) Is transaction blocked?
- 8) Is maximum # of purchases exceeded?
- 9) Are duplicates restricted?
- 10) Did the amount paid match the purchase price?
- 11) Does the tag worn by customer match the one the vendor is rezzed under?
- 12) Are there group restrictions?
- 13) Has customer spent enough for a discount?
- 14) Are they "free" vendors subject to CT commission?
- 15) Are they affiliate vendors subject to affiliate fee?
- 16) Are there profit shares?
Resolve avatar names
- 1) Resolve name-to-key
- If someone is too new in SL the system won't find them because it doesn't know their avatar key yet - just have the new account click any vendor to be added to the name2key database.
Check Item Availability / Make Delivery
- 1) Find a dropbox that contains the item
- 2) Find product in the dropbox
- 3) Check item availability with the box
- 4) Check if box is active
- 5) If not active, check all previously-deferred boxes
- 6) When next box is located, see if product is in box
- 7) System repeats 1-6 until either a dropbox sends the item, or the maximum number of retries is reached.
- If a DropBox has "gone dark", you'll see these messages:
"CHECK failed on....Response: Took 0.03 seconds to respond / time out." "Sent kiss of life to v2 dropbox: (dropbox UUID)" "No active dropbox currently contains the item (product name)" "Exception: The item (product name) is not available for delivery"
- If a DropBox does NOT contain the product package at all (either due to not being configured on the product listing, OR the product package in the DropBox has a different name - remember, matching captialisation counts!), you'll see "just" these messages:
"No dropbox currently contains the item (product name)" "Exception: The item (product name) is not available for delivery"
- If the delivery is (eventually) successful, then instead you will see:
"Attempting to load (dropbox UUID)" "Delivery success! v2 DropBox returned VERIFIED - took (number) seconds."
Send Delivery Notices
- 1) Send the various "transaction complete" IM's to both merchant and customer
Add to Statistics
- 1) Add to web stats
- 2) Send ANS call if required
- 3) Add to customer stats
Send Linked Messages
- 1) Send linked messages (such as API script calls)
- 2) Send message to dropbox
Customer Loyalty Message
- 1) Are there spend levels even set up?
- 2) If yes, send loyalty message to customer
- 3) If not, no loyalty message goes at all to customer
Step 8: Complete!
- 1) Give "transaction complete" or "transaction failed" message for status page