Jump to navigation Jump to search
Creating/Using Unit Groups
- Unit groups are ONLY used within the CasperLet system. They have NOTHING to do with inworld SL groups.
Units can only be in ONE group at a time
You cannot add a unit to more than one unit group. Please plan your unit groups accordingly.
Creating a unit group
- Log in to your CasperLet account
- Go to the Unit Groups page.
- If this is your first time, you will see a blank list - this is normal.
- Click the "Add Group" button.
- Select "Owner Avatar" name from the dropdown.
- In the next box, type in a name for this group. This will ONLY be see on the CasperLet website!
- Click "Save".
- You will then see the new group appear in the list on that page.
Adding a unit to a unit group - using individual unit config
- Click the unit inworld.
- Choose "Config" from the popup menu
- Let it take you to the CasperLet site - you will arrive on THAT unit's configuration page.
- Use the top option on the config page, "Unit Group".
- Click "Change Group".
- Select group from the pulldown.
- Click "ok"
- Your choice is now saved.
Adding multiple units to a unit group - using bulk "Units" page
- Go to the bulk units page.
- Show all of your existing units.
- Select each unit you want in a particular group.
- Scroll down to "Bulk Updates".
- Tick the box for "Set Group To".
- Select the unit group from the pulldown on that line
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom.
- Click "Update Selected" button.
- The selected units will now be part of that unit group.
Viewing Grouped Units By Filter
Go to the bulk units page. Near the top, you will see a "Filter" block. Select as appropriate: Owner avatar, Region, and unit group from each pulldown option. Click apply. The page will refresh and show you the subset of units that you have selected.
- At this time, you may select each of those units and perform bulk operations on them.
What Else Can You Do With Unit Groups?