Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 19:22, 15 October 2020 by A975fe65-8ede-4fdb-97ee-c399c9a8ff6e (→Additional and/or Different Rental Size/Price Levels)
Landlord Provides Builds for Tenants to Use
Examples of such rental types are as follows:
- Residential: Prefab house structures with prim/land impact allowance
- Commercial: Breedable/Gacha rentals
- Commercial: Shopping mall, event, or club store rentals
- Commercial: Storage locker rentals
In All Cases You Will Need
- Rental box or meter
- Prim counter, to track prims
- Create a group (or choose an existing group) to deed the land to AND to invite tenants to so they can rez.
- Proper [[ | land management]]
If you want security and/or visitor tracking
- You will also need: CasperSafe
If you want automatic group invites
- You will also need: A bot for your group - Smartbots is the simplest to set up for new users.
If you want a kiosk for your customers
- You will also need: Web Kiosk Expansion
Setting Up Your First Rental Unit
- If you have not created your CasperLet account, you will need to do so before you continue.
- See Creating Your CasperLet Account for details
- It would also be helpful for you to decide how many price points you will have in your rentals - doing so will make your setup go more efficiently.
Unpack and Rez
- Unpack your CasperLet shipping create.
- Choose a rental unit style, and rez one out.
- You will get a debit permissions popup, just ignore it *for now*.
- Rename the unit according to your chosen naming style for your rentals.
- Click the unit to get the debit perm popup, and grant permissions.
- Unit should then appear on the CasperLet site with the new name, before you begin unit setup.
- If it doesn't, click it for popup menu > hit "reset" from the menu.
Creating Unit Groups
- If you wish to create groups to organize your rental units into, you may do so at this point.
- Simply log in to your CasperLet account, and use the instructions on the [[ | Unit Groups] page.
Setting up your unit
- What you will be doing is setting a single unit up for one of your rental sizes/price levels - this unit can then be picked up, and rezzed as many times as needed for the rentals you have at that size/price level.
- Click the unit.
- Select "Config" from the popup menu.
- See the [[ | unit setup]] page for details on how to set up the unit.
- If you have set up unit groups, don't forget to add the appropriate group to the unit now!
- Once setup is complete, right-click > "take" (or "take a copy".)
- You now have the completed unit in your inventory.
Additional and/or Different Rental Sizes/Prices
I need more than one, now what?
- Rez the unit out that you just picked up.
- Rez as many more copies as you need to handle the rentals at that price level.
But I have different sizes/levels of rentals in my business!
- Then you will need to repeat this process with ONE (1) unit, PER rental price level you plan to have.
- For example, if a shopping mall has 3 different rentals (such as 2 sizes of shops and 1 size of mall cart), you will be repeating the unit setup process a total of 3 times, with one unit each time, and the copying that unit to all the other rentals of that size.