Jump to navigation Jump to search
Setting Up Your First Rental Unit
- If you have not created your CasperLet account, you will need to do so before you continue.
- See Creating Your CasperLet Account for details
- It would also be helpful for you to decide how many rental sizes you will have - doing so will make your setup go more efficiently.
Do You Want to Customise Your Units?
- If you are doing completely customised rental units (new object as well as new textures), you'll need the information on both of these pages:
- If you ONLY want to customise the textures, then you just need this section:
- Don't forget to PROPERLY edit the description field if you want to keep textures changing automatically:
Choosing A Standard Rental Unit
Unpack the Crate
- Unpack your CasperLet shipping create.
- Choose a rental unit style, and rez one out.
Choosing a Rental Unit Style
--- The normal (configurable) rental units are:
CasperLet Rental Box CasperLet Rental Meter Mesh (This will have a grey-on-white base) CasperLet Rental Meter (This has a white-on-black base, but is made of prims instead of mesh)
These items are "dumb terminal" RELAY UNITS only - these cannot be used alone, but must be paired with one of the above units:
CasperLet SLAVE box CasperLet SLAVE meter (This will have a white-on-black base and is also made of prims instead of mesh)
Configure Your Chosen Rental Unit
- You will get a debit permissions popup, just ignore it *for now*.
- Rename the unit according to your chosen naming style for your rentals.
- Click the unit to get the debit perm popup, and grant permissions.
- Check the website and be sure the name change was picked up.
- If it wasn't, click the inworld unit for the popup menu.
- Then hit "reset" from the menu.
Groups & Setting Up
Creating Unit Groups
- If you wish to create groups to organize your rental units into, you may do so at this point.
- Simply log in to your CasperLet account, and use the instructions on the Unit Groups page.
Setting Up Your Rental Unit
- What you will be doing is setting a single unit up for ONE of your rental sizes to start with - this unit can then be picked up, and rezzed as many times as needed to handle all the rentals you have at that size.
- Click the unit.
- Select "Config" from the popup menu.
- See the unit configuration page page for details on how to set up the unit.
- If you have set up unit groups, don't forget to add the appropriate group to the unit now!
- Once setup is complete, right-click > "take" (or "take a copy".)
- You now have the completed unit in your inventory.
Additional and/or Different Rental Sizes
I need more than one with these settings, now what?
- Rez the unit out that you just picked up.
- Rez as many more copies as you need to handle the rentals at that rental size.
But I have different sizes of rentals in my business!
- Then you will need to repeat this process with ONE (1) unit, PER rental size you plan to have.
- For example, if a shopping mall has 3 different rentals (such as 2 sizes of shops and 1 size of mall cart), you will be repeating the unit setup process a total of 3 times, with one unit each time, and then copying that unit to all the other rentals of that size.